Friday, January 11, 2008

Fancy Cakes

This was a towering Topsy Turvy cake in the Mad Hatter style of Alice in Wonderland.


This cake was for a young lady who owns a gorgeous
English sheep dog. Her mom asked that I include "Baylee"
on the cake, so I even gave her a bowl with some
chocolate dog food.








This cake was a surprise for a friend of my daughter's. Her work staff wanted to wish her well while she's off for some cancer surgery. Best wishes, Angie!




Brad loves chocolate, but Jennifer loves vanilla. They didn't argue
on their wedding anniversary; they just ordered one of each!
Compromise can be so tasty!






By all means, fifty four years of marriage deserves a reward! This couple celebrated with a chocoholic cake with raspberry filling. The highlight was chocolate fondant roses and chocolate fillagree.




How yummy! Chocolate packages for a bridal shower.







This cake was for my daughter's 17th birthday.



This was for Finley's first birthday celebration.






Jillian's fourteenth birthday cake.




Emma's cake had an edible crown and lots of tiny flowers, ruffles, and drop decorations.





This princess cake was for another princess named Emma, who wanted a tiara and fondant ribbon roses.
A closeup of the tiara.




A chocolate cake with candy clay roses.




A delicate cake for a very special friend.




A hip birthday cake for a 21 year old.

A trendy anniversary cake.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for fancy cakes!!!!

Finley's cake was so beautiful and delicious! She really did LOVE it! (And so did we!)

Anonymous said...

Now that I am back on Weight Watchers all I can do is LOOK at your wonderful cakes. :( You need to make a no points cake!

Anonymous said...

You're cakes are incredible! You are soooo talented. In hs you didn't seem to have any interest in baking. When did this all start?

Anonymous said...

Tracy,

Gorgeous cakes! I've stumbled across your blog in my research on graveyard cakes. Your graveyard b-day cake for Tony has the most beautiful wrought iron fence with fleur de lis, too! I'd love to make this for my party. I'm not a prof., just a creative person who loves detail! Do you mind if I ask how you did the wrought iron fence? Is it liquid sugar drizzled on wax paper and then covered in chocolate? I'd love to approximate your design if I might. A speedy reply would be great as my cake is seasonal. Planning every delicious detail now... Please post your reply here. Many thanks! Sofia